Effectively managing incoming calls is a very important process. Information needs to be recorded properly, forwarded to the right people and then followed up on in a timely fashion. Now do it thousands of times each day with hundreds of possible call routes and the ability to efficiently navigate this process becomes quite challenging and nerve wracking.
The good news is there are tools available that can help streamline and automate many of the processes around effectively managing incoming calls. Keep reading to gain practical tips in evaluating your current process as well as ideas for improvements.
Evaluating your Incoming Call Process
First we need to determine if the existing incoming call process is meeting your needs. Understand your incoming call environment by assessing your organization's incoming call volume, the time commitment to process these calls and whether or not existing resources are keeping up with demand:
- How many calls are received each day?
- What is the average duration of each call?
- Do callers ever wait on hold?
- If so what is their average wait time?
Map out the existing workflows for managing incoming phone call by answering the following questions.
- Who is the first point of contact: help desk or the intended department?
- Is there a consistent process for answering and directing incoming calls?
- Are people answering calls subject matter experts?
- How are messages recorded and shared?
- How are subsequent actions followed through on?
- Do you have visibility into the accuracy of your current incoming call process? How many times do errors occur from messages being recorded incorrectly, misplaced, or not passed along in a timely manner?
Once you have an understanding of your incoming call volume and work flow you can get an idea of the specific areas ready for improvement.
Improving the incoming call process.
NC Smart Call Quick Dial revolutionizes the way organizations receive and route incoming calls. Gain visibility into the type of call you are receiving and have it direct to the appropriate area without any intervention. Instructions are left by the caller and subject matter experts can engage in the messages when their schedule permits eliminating interruptions from incoming calls.
Free to use for employees and they never have to wait on hold when using NC Smart Call Quick Dial. Staff can engage the most important calls as calls are triaged and organized automatically for them. Incoming calls are supplemented with additional information which is automatically captured as soon as the call is connected. Actions are logged and made available in an audit trail so both the caller and managers can easily review should a discrepancy ever occur.
Not only does NC Smart Call Quick Dial manage your incoming calls, but it provides a platform to communicate between the organization and your employees in a manner which saves both parties piece of mind.