After a busy close to the year, the holidays provided us with an opportunity to reflect on our progress over the course of 2018.
The theme of 2018 was growth – growth in our team, growth in our customer base, growth in our platform and growth in our desire and understanding of how NC Smart Call can further help the partners we serve.
By the numbers – in 2018 NC Smart Call:
- sent over 11 million text messages to our employee partners
- filled over 500,000 shifts for healthcare institutions across Canada
- grew the team by over 33% in development, support and product management
- increased our development velocity and launched Annual Vacation, Incoming Call Routing and added new business logic to our Shift notification rules engine.
Most importantly, and outside of the numbers, we began to truly understand what being a vested partner means. A number of the institutions we serve faced difficult challenges in their communities, and we were proud to help to support them in overcoming these challenges.
The Year Ahead
As we turn to 2019, there are a number of new developments we’re excited to build on and further explore with our partners.
- Predictive Analytics – with a vast amount of data at our disposal, we’ll be working with our partners to better understand and predict what factors lead to a shift not being filled
- Automating Processes – we’ll further advance our industry-leading function of automating the time consuming task of creating call-out lists
- Smart Leave – further streamline take the pain away from arduous annual vacation processes
Throughout the course of the year, we’ll deep dive into these topics in more granular blog posts. If you have feedback on additional trends impacting the industry and functionality we should include in our product roadmap, please reach out to our team. We love hearing from our partners and folks in the industry.
As always, we’re keenly interested in connecting with those change agents at hospitals and other institutions who want to improve the operation of their shift management processes.
Wishing everyone a healthy and prosperous 2019!
Tom & the team at NC Smart Call